Monday 2 April 2012

midnight snack

(c) 2011-2012 'Safira B'
* As seen in The World Book 2011


your skin swallows up the sun,
until you're fit to burst with sunrays leaking through your fingertips,
your tongue traces thought-ridden lips as your cloudy mind
sheds judgements like clothes for charity
precise and well-worn;

your silence says more than it should,
(
slithering up to my heart, [f ang s] sinking in,
the poison in my veins hums for your voice;

i'm w r i t h i n g                     gossamer skin,
  underneath
pulled [tight] over blood+bones,
fireworks filtered through fallen lids,
&& 
[there's a song written on the inside of my wrists]
seagreen lyrics singing lifebloods,
as the moon creeps out, child-like curiosity,
inky ghosting locks liplocking across the night,
milky moonbeams f
                                a
                                     l
                                         l
                                                        to earth, 
to kiss my buttermilk bones;

and now i'm always hungry,
for pale skin and luminous blue eyes,
[for that blue roadmap of amazonian rivers to your liquid lusty love]

who else can cool my blood?
there's some kind of animal trapped in between the smooth muscle
and endothelial layers of my vocal chords,
pushing through like a thick vine to overtake my face;
{please, i'm howling for you}

you: carmine candy and home and real,
i need to be (wholer),
because my breathing w a n e s,
blueblueblue in the midnight air,
tendrils of heat s p r e a d i n g like wildfire;

and the moon . . . waxes, leaving the night sky,
ravenous for adventure and [p o  o   l    s] into the ocean;
even the sky feeds from my awe of you;

in the dark is the best way to hear your heartb e a t,
thick heartstrings like black powerlines p a s s i n g  t h r o u g h 
the core of every star from you to me,
.h.o.o.k. onto my diaphragm,
make my pace as they d r a g me to you,
over gravel, grit && grass,
bloody feet on the yellow brick road,
hansel and gretel follow me home;

)
i smile
-  k c a b -
 at you patiently&patiently,
serrated incisors glinting in sunlight;

and we're only human

-

[the autumn moon is bright, tonight]

No comments:

Post a Comment